Since the Salem County Humane Society has no paid personnel, volunteers are needed to effectively keep the shelter running. Several volunteer opportunities exist such as:
- Performing daily activities such as feeding and exercising the animals, cleaning the building to maintain a sanitary environment, and mainly loving all the dogs and cats.
- Taking dogs and cats to scheduled veterinary appointments.
- Performing maintenance to the building.
- Participating in community events to increase awareness about the shelter.
- Providing temporary foster homes for animals recovering from surgery or illness.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us by calling us at the phone number in the right column, or by emailing us. We will have a questionnaire for you to fill out. If you would like to see it now, or perhaps print it so you can fill it out and bring it with you to the shelter, then please click on the link below. (Please note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader; most likely, your web browser already has it.)